Many of us have been advised to take warm lemon water first thing in the morning and last thing in the night before going to bed. But the question is have we ever border to find out what this composition actually does to our health?. Warm water with lemon aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Lemon is rich in nutrients like vitamin C , potassium, calcium, and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Lemon is a rich citrus fruits that is very popular for its therapeutic properties, it purifies the blood and helps in maintaining your immune system. Thus, it protects you from the clutches of most types of infections.
Benefits of Warm Lemon Water
- Warm lemon water helps to flush out toxins when taken early in the morning
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- This rich and excellent source of vitamin C, helps to protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- It helps in reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute. It also balances the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of heartburn.
- Warm lemon juice helps to replenish the body salts and also aids in the production of digestive juices.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and also helps to fight against eye problems
- It’s a powerful antibacterial and helps to cure and neutralizes the common cold and flu.
Warm water with lemon squeezed into it brings about overall wellness. It prevents acid reflux, stimulates digestion, keeps constipation at bay, and eliminates waste. The drink washes out the toxins floating in your digestive tract, reduces bloating, relieves painful symptoms that accompany indigestion; in the process boosts up metabolism, gets rid of excess fat aiding in weight loss.
Therefore it is recommended to take warm water with lemon at least twice a day, preferably in the morning on an empty stomach and last thing in the evening before you go to bed.